Thursday, September 22, 2005

Subway Sucks

My daughter decided that she wanted to be in the Church choir. Fine. So I had to take her to practice this afternoon. Also fine. So I had to sit there for an hour listening to them sing How Great Is Our God. There are worse Comtemporary Christian songs, such as Trading My Sorrows, which, by the way, our music director has added to the music supplement. So that, too, was fine.

So, on the way home, we decided to stop and grab some supper. The kids wanted Subway. Fine. Middle daughter got something normal. I got something normal. First born needed to customize. She got monterey bread with ham and bacon and provolone. Added cucumbers, spinach, lettuce, two tomatoes, salt, pepper, oil, and vinegar. Fine. I wanted a deli round for the boy. One with salami. Not fine. I know that's not on the menu, but I thought Subway was the place that customized. Nope. Apparently, it's too fucking difficult for them to stick a slice of salami on a deli roll. So I got him a deli round with turkey, instead. Next time, I'm going to Quizno's. Unless I have a car, then I'll go to some independent shop for my sub. Wait. A pizza shop just opened next to the Subway. I bet they make sandwiches. I had actually suggested we go there. But no. "We don't want pizza, we want Subway."

Ruined what would have otherwise been a perfectly mediocre day.