Thursday, September 22, 2005

More on Restaurants That Suck

I will never eat at a certain Wendy's again. Because they are too fucking incompetent to exist.

It was Saturday, July 23, 2005, and we decided to grab some quick Wendy's. The counter lady went through my order, like five times, and still didn't get it right. No I wanted a Caeser Salad instead of fries. No I didn't get that. You forgot the baked potato. I finally gave up in frustration and just wanted to pay.

This is where I made my mistake. My church sells gift certificates to supplement their collections. They buy them at a discount and sell them for face value. So I had bought some for Wendy's. My total was more than the gift certificates I had. So I was going to charge the balance. My mistake was having both tenders in my hand.

The dumb shit counter girl told me that I couldn't use both, and would have to put the whole thing on my credit card. I told her that I believed that I could. She told me, get this, that gift certificates and credit cards are not affiliated with each other. What the fuck. So I left. Leaving $25 dollars worth of food on the counter, which would probably have to be thrown away, since Wendy's makes it when you order it. I heard her tell another employee on the way out that "they're not a grocery store."

So, I drove about ten minutes up the road to another Wendy's, because by that point I was anticipating a Spicy Chicken Snadwich and I didn't want to settle for something else.

This time I kept my Visa in my pocket. This counter girl took my order no problem. The total was $3 less than at the other store. I gave her my $10 in Gift Certificates. She rang them through and told me my balance. I presented her with the Visa. She swiped it for the amount due. We then enjoyed a nice, peacful dinner.

The End