Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Ohio Politics

My brother has decided to endorse my Congressman in the Democratic Senate race. Why? Paul Hackett seems more interesting to me. Veteran. Almost whomped a Republican in a heavily Republican district. It's true that ole' Sherrod has held Statewide office before. He had been our Secretary of State, until he was defeated in '90 by our now Governor, the illustrious Bob Taft .* The campaign against him was based on his foreign travwls at taxpayer expense. (Say Sayonarra! to Sherrod Brown!) Sherrod was then elected in '92 to his seat in a Congessional Deistrict designed especially for him. His opponent was the totally lackluster Margaret Mueller. (My father murderd my mother, but Margaret Mualler was ther to give me a big hug!!) Now he's dug his roots in and he ain't goin' nowhere. He's like some killer dandelion or something.

Now I'll probably end up voting for DeWine. Seems like a nice enough fellow. But if he were up against Hackett, I'd really have to think about it. But hey, if Brownie is running for Senate, that means he'll surrender his House, so I'll be free!!! Unless he beats, DeWine, that is.

Another thing wrong with Brown, and I know this is totally terrible for me to say--his wife.

*You know, I knew back in '02 that Taft was driving the state into the ground. But, oh how I was ridiculed for voting for Hagan. He campaigned on how healthy the state was, then, as soon as the election was over, announcec that, yup, Ohio is in the toilet. I'm still ridiculed for voting for Hagan. Oh well.