Friday, October 07, 2005

Harriet Miers

I might as well weigh in on this as everyone else seems to. It seems ole "W" may be thinkin' I'll give Roberts to the Catholics and this woman to the evangelicals. Okelie-Dokelie. But does the evangelical have to be a former Catholic? Who became an evangelical to find Jesus? As if you can't find Jesus by being a Catholic? Sorts insulting. And makes me question this person, what's her problem.

Actually, she's done Catholic, Episcopalian, Presbyterian, there may be some Methodist thrown in there, not sure. Now she's an Evangelical. Actually, she's part of a group of 200, that's dumped their old congregation to start their own. Pissed at their pastor I guess. She currently worships in a hotel banquet room.

Seems kinda flaky to be on the High Court. I don't truck much with demomination hoppers.

But then again, between John Roberts, Clarence Thomas, and Antonin Scalia, she may be led back home yet. I wouldn't count too much on Kennedy, though.