Friday, December 02, 2005

Jim Petro Redux

Well Petro has a new commercial out. He believes that life begins at conception, and that marriage is forever, or maybe for life, I can't quite recall.

Pan images of a baptismal certificate, pacifier, nice navy leatherbound Bible, family photo's. Screeech, reverse. That Bible. Says Holy Bible on the front. What does it say on the spine? It appears to say "King James Version".

Jim, Jim, Jim. I thought you were Catholic. We don't use the King James Version. Did you leave the Church or something?

More likely, you're trying to appeal to fundamentalist Protestants, whom you see as your conservative base. Can't make it too obvious your not one of them.

I was going to vote for you Jim, I really was.

But, alas, I can't support a man who sells out on his faith to appease a bunch of Chick Tracters. Looks like Blackwell now.